2020 Subaru Ascent belongs to “mid-sized SUV” is a category called royal road in North America, and it is a fierce battle zone with Ford Explorer, Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, Volkswagen Atlas, etc.. The Subaru Ascent was developed as a model that appeals to the Subaru likeness while incorporating the three-row SUV requirements required by the North American market.
2020 Subaru Ascent Dimensions
The Subaru Ascent body size is the largest ever Subaru vehicle with a total length of 4998 x width 1930 x height 1819 mm and a wheelbase of 2890 mm. By the way, this size also has meaning, and it is said that it was decided from the packaging (the front: 1635 / rear 1630 mm) which can obtain the optimal running performance as Subaru and packaging that seven adults can ride comfortably. The 2020 Subaru Ascent price Starting at MSRP $31,995.
Interior and exterior design according to Subaru’s latest trend
The exterior design adopts Subaru’s design language “Dynamic & Solid“. The atmosphere is said to be the older brother of “Forester” (it’s also Advanced), which imaginatively debuted in 2018, but with a bold front around, thick fendered side, and a sense of luxury “Rear” and “upper texture” and “presence” suitable for the flagship of the SUV series are added. The body size is large, but the minimum turning radius is 5.8m, and it is also a point that surprisingly small turning is good.
Subaru Ascent’s interior, the basic layout is the same as the Impreza / Forester, but the design with a stronger sense of cockpit by the formation of left and right rounds remembering Tribeca. Of course, there is also the fact that it is said that the SUV’s flashiness, and the use of soft pad & stitch decoration, etc., in particular about the texture. The instrument panel center is dedicated to Ascent and employs a touch screen monitor (base 6.5 inches, advanced grade 8 inches) and 3-zone air conditioner control. Herman Kardon premium audio and telematics service “Subaru Star Link” developed in North America, seat heater & ventilation, 8 USB ports, 19 (!!) cup holders and equipment are also provided.
Subaru’s only three-row seat car!
2020 Subaru Ascent’s biggest attention point will be living space. Not to mention the absolute size, the good visibility performance that Subaru specializes in, and the panoramic roof together, it feels wider than the numerical value.
The second row can be selected bench seat and captain seat, but both have plenty of foot space even if not at the end of the seat slide. If it is a captain seat, walk-through is possible, and if it is a bench seat, it is the room width which does not bother three adult riding. Furthermore, it is a nice point that the rear seat air conditioning control and slickly which were not in Exiga are prepared.
In the third row, head clearance may be rather severe for people over 170 cm, but more space than expected is secured. In addition, there is no feeling of blockage because it follows the theater layout of Exiga transfer, where the seating position is high in the second and third rows. By the way, the luggage space secures 504 L even when using the third row.
2020 Subaru Ascent 2.4L DIT Engine
2020 Subaru Ascent’s powertrain will be equipped with a downsizing 4-cylinder 2.4-liter direct injection turbo (FA24 DIT) boxer engine combined with a new version of Subaru’s high-torque Lineartronic® CVT and legendary Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system.
The latest platform is designed for an ascent full-length 5m body
The platform adopts the SGP (Subaru Global Platform) from Impreza / Forester. By the way, when Subaru developed the SGP, it was said that the design was done by setting the upper limit to the size of the ascent from the beginning.
The ground clearance of the Subaru Ascent is 220 mm same as the Forester. The approach angle is 17.6 °, the departure angle is 21.8 °, and a hill descent control tire is prepared. The tires to be fitted are all-season tires 18 inches standard moreover, 20 inches are available depending on the grade.
The safety support devices are also enhanced and all Ascent models are equipped with “Eyesight” (probably version 3) and “Eyesight Assist Monitor“. In addition, advanced models are equipped with automatic braking and blind spot detection at the time of reverse and rear cross traffic alert.
2020 Subaru Ascent Specs
- Standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, 18- inch wheels and four-wheel independent suspension.
- 8.7 inches of ground clearance for all models
- Active Torque Vectoring standard.
- All-new 2.4-liter BOXER engine that uses a combination of direct fuel injection, high compression (10.6:1), Subaru Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS), a twin-scroll turbocharger and an intercooler to achieve outstanding performance and high efficiency.
- 260 horsepower, 277 lb.ft. torque.
- 8-speed manual mode function with steering wheel paddle shifters
- X-Mode® with Hill Descent Control.
- 5,000-lb. towing capacity, the most of any Subaru in history. Trailer Stability Assist helps to maintain vehicle stability while towing. The TSA system utilizes yaw sensors to monitor trailer sway and then can brake individual wheels to stabilize the vehicle and trailer.
- The 500-mile range on a single tank of gas.
- Standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology that includes Automatic Pre-Collision Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure, and Sway Warning, Pre-Collision Throttle Management, and new EyeSight Assist Monitor (EAM) which provides a heads-up display of the EyeSight system warnings as well as system status information on the windshield of the vehicle. Blind Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are also available.
- Steering Responsive Headlights are standard on Limited and Touring models. High Beam Assist automatically activates and deactivates the high beams when the system detects a vehicle ahead or oncoming vehicle.
- Available Reverse Automatic Braking that applies the vehicle’s brakes if an obstacle is detected while reversing
- Standard on the top-level Touring trim is the new Front View Monitor that displays a 180-degree view of the front of the vehicle on the multi-function display by using a camera located in the front grille. Additional new driver assists technology standard on Touring is the Smart Rear View Mirror which displays a view from behind the vehicle from a camera mounted above the rear gate glass when activated. This feature benefits the driver in poor visibility to the rear of the vehicle due to passengers or cargo blocking the view.
- Rain Sensing Windshield Wiper system that automatically operates and monitors the wiper speed based on the amount of rainfall is standard on Touring.
2020 Subaru Ascent Infotainment:
- The Ascent offers the latest STARLINK multimedia systems with a multi-touch high-resolution display screen that features smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay™ and Android® Auto, Aha™and Pandora®, as well as Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming, rear vision camera, and SiriusXM ®services. Ascent comes standard with 6.5″ Multimedia System and higher trim levels feature 8″ Multimedia Plus and 8″ Multimedia Navigation systems.
- For the first time, available in-car Wi-Fi connectivity provides smooth internet access via high-speed LTE™ communications, broadening the range of entertainment options available to second and third row occupants using smart devices.
- SUBARU STARLINK Connected Services now offers remote engine start (on models with push-button start); concierge service; anti-theft vehicle immobilizer with flashing vehicle security lights; child safety functions including geofencing, speed alert, and curfew; and firmware updates over the air.
- Also available is the Safety Plus package that offers SOS emergency assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, automatic collision notification, maintenance notifications, monthly vehicle health report, and diagnostic alerts. The Safety Plus & Security Plus upgrade package adds stolen vehicle recovery service, vehicle security alarm notification, remote lock/unlock, remote horn and lights and remote vehicle locator